This breakfast burger is not for the weak with bacon, a beef-sausage patty, cheddar cheese, a corn fritter, and a fried egg on top all sandwiched between a toasted English muffin. Don’t forget the maple aioli!
Welcome to #BurgerMonth 2015! This delicious event is hosted by my girl Kita of Girl Carnivore and she has rounded up enough bloggers to bring you a different burger recipe for every day of the month. Make sure you check out her kick off post for more information!
Since it’s the beginning of the month I decided to start you off right with a burger you can enjoy for breakfast. Or for dinner if you want to do the whole breakfast or dinner thing, which I completely support. Either way this monster of a burger will leave you satisfied for hours. A toasted English muffin is spread with a maple-bourbon aioli before being sandwiched around a pile of bacon, a beef-sausage patty, cheddar cheese, a corn fritter, and a fried egg. All that’s left to desire is a side of crispy hash browns.
A huge thanks to all of the creative bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth, Char-Broil, Cabot Cheese, Le Creuset, Dreamfarm,Spiceologist & Woodbridge Wines! Snag some #BurgerMonth swag by entering the giveaway using the widget located at the bottom of this post.
One year ago: Bourbon Pecan Pie for One
Four years ago: Deviled Strawberries
CORN FRITTER BREAKFAST BURGERS
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
4 slices bacon, halved
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 lb. breakfast sausage
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
4 English muffins, toasted
1/4 cup milk
1 cup pancake mix
1 (14.75 oz.) can cream style corn
Cooking oil to depth of 1 inch
- For the aioli: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the burgers: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pain and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Leave grease in pan.
- While the bacon cooks prepare the burgers: In a large bowl mix together the two meats and season with salt and pepper to taste. Form into 4 patties.
- When the bacon is done cooking, place burgers in the same pan and cook in the bacon grease until browned on each side and cooked through to desired doneness. Top with a slice of cheese and remove from pan.
- While the burgers cook, prepare the fritters: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Add pancake mix and stir until mixed. Fold in corn until just incorporated.
- In a second large skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees (or test by dropping a small bit of batter into the oil, it should sizzle immediately). Drop batter by 1/4 cup-fuls and cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- While the fritters cook, crack 4 eggs into the pan in which the burgers were cooked and cook a few minutes until the white are set.
- To assemble: Spread aioli on the bottom half of each English muffin. Top with bacon, burger, corn fritter, egg, and the top half of the English muffin. Serve immediately.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original.