Add a little sparkle to your step for Valentine’s Day with these sequined heart shoe clips. Perfect for your flats or heels.
After a successful week full of spicy, saucy, sexy bites with #TripleSBites to get you prepared for Valentine’s Day, I decided to throw some festive DIY posts at you this week. First I shared a list of DIY gift ideas, followed by a Stitch Fix review to add to your wishlist, and now a cute craft to make your feet sparkle.
When I first saw the tutorial for making these heart shoe clips I imagined myself attempting and epically failing, emulating those “Pinterest fails, nailed it!”posts. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they were to put together and only took about 15 minutes. These shoe clips can be worn on heels or flats and can be made in any shape/color you prefer. I’m tempted to make shoe clips for every holiday!
One year ago: Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Three years ago: Dark Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes with Amaretto Cream
Four years ago: Guiltless Fettuccine Alfredo
DIY HEART SHOE CLIPS
Makes 1 pair
Hot glue gun + glue sticks
1 (9×12-inch) red craft felt
1-2 yards single strand red sequins (length needed depends on heart size)
2 clip-on earring backs
- Set up hot glue gun according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Trace four identical hearts of desired size onto the red felt (I cut out one and then used it to trace the others). Carefully cut out the four hearts.
- Pair up two of the hearts, line the edges of one with glue and carefully sandwich the two together, matching up the edges.
- Adding a small amount of glue at a time, begin gluing the sequin strand to the outer edges of the heart, adding more glue and you go around and around inward until the entire heart is covered (see diagram I followed below). Carefully snip the end and secure with a bit of glue. Repeat steps for the second heart and allow to cool completely.
- Flip the hearts over and glue clip-ons to the back, near the top. Allow to cool completely.
- Clip to shoes and watch them sparkle!
Source: Modcloth (has step-by-step photos)