Foil-wrapped salmon couldn’t be easier and it perfect for weeknights or a fancy dinner. Cooked in a Greek inspired sauce and served over Greek orzo.
Day 3 of #TripleSBites! Today let’s talk about making sacrifices for love. For example, I cannot tell you the number of times I get scoffed at for not liking seafood with the pretense that since I am a food blogger I should love everything edible. Well I hate to break it to you but I don’t love all foods. I only love the ones that I like to eat which happens to be quite a lot, it just doesn’t include things such as seafood, pickles, and coffee. However, that doesn’t stop me from utilizing those things in the occasional recipe, especially when I am cooking for someone who will greatly appreciate it.
Salmon is my sacrifice. It is the last thing I think of when picking a protein for dinner. Chicken, beef, pork, and even tofu occur more frequently than any kind of fish in my kitchen. In fact I think this is only the third fish recipe I am sharing on the blog. Since my salmon cooking skills have not been truly tested I rely on simpler, foil-proof recipes. Pun intended as this is a recipe for foil-wrapped salmon. This Greek-style salmon was incredibly easy to throw together and while it baked I whipped up some orzo to go with it. I have to admit, I didn’t hate it. In fact it was quite good. It seems great sauces makes nearly anything pleasing to the palate.
Please make sure to check out all the other spicy, saucy, sexy recipes from an awesome list of 19 other bloggers, found at the end of this post! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway HERE!
One year ago: Mini Lasagna Stacks
Four years ago: Homemade Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (Nutella)
EASY GREEK SALMON AND ORZO
1 lb. salmon
Salt, pepper and/or lemon pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden oregano paste (or fresh minced)
1/2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden garlic paste (or fresh minced)
1/2 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 oz. feta, crumbled
1 tsp Gourmet Garden oregano paste (or fresh minced)
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil with overhanging sides, and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place in the center of the foil and fold up all 4 sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and garlic. Pour the mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely and sealing closed. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the salmon cooks prepare the orzo. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss in olive oil then add tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and set aside until ready to serve.
- When the salmon is cooked, serve immediately over orzo.
Disclosure: I was provided with complimentary product as part of the #TripleSBites event. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the
[inlinkz_linkup id=481755 mode=1]