These mini rainbow cheesecake bites have a hidden piece of gold on the bottom – a golden Oreo. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
For St. Patrick’s Day last year, I made Hidden Pot o’ Gold Cupcakes which had gold colored cores hidden inside and rainbows on top to lead the way. Added to my repertoire this year are these mini rainbow cheesecake bites with a hidden piece of gold underneath, in the form of a golden Oreo! A marshmallow crispie golden Oreo in fact, but any golden Oreo variety will suffice.
These vibrantly colored treats are made by dividing the cheesecake mixture into 6 small bowls, dying them according to the rainbow, and then spooning each in rainbow order into a mini cheesecake pan. Don’t have a mini cheesecake pan? You can use a cupcake pan with cupcake liners but they will be slightly bigger cheesecakes and therefore yield less than 12.
One year ago: Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes
Three years ago: Irish Car Bomb Brownies
MINI RAINBOW CHEESECAKE BITES
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
12 Golden Oreos (I used Marshmallow Crispie Creme Oreos)
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup (2 oz.) vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Twist Oreos apart and set aside the cookie-only halves. Place the Oreo-creme halves in the bottom of a lightly greased 12 mini cheesecake cup pan, creme-side up.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in the Greek yogurt until incorporated.
- Divide mixture into 6 small bowls (about 1/4 cup each). Add food coloring to make purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.
- Starting with purple or red, spoon approximately 1 teaspoon into the center each cup, repeat with each color in rainbow order. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Remove cheesecakes from pan and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Decorate with whipped cream, sprinkles, and leftover Oreo cookie halves if desired.
Source: Adapted from my Mini Cherry-Lime Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes.