Before I begin I must get something off my chest. I missed World Nutella Day yesterday. I haven’t missed a single one since I started this little blog o’ mine. It’s disturbing because I’ve noticed many other food holidays pass my by, such as National Peanut Butter Day – now that’s shameful! This whole move-thing really threw me off my game. But I digress…
This recipe has been a long time coming. I first made during my cousin’s bachelorette party weekend it back in May of 2013. She loves Reese’s so I mixed some into the brownie batter before it baked in a graham cracker crust, followed by a broiling of marshmallows. It turned out super gooey and was quite a challenge to eat but we still managed to kill it off, and of course I neglected to snap a photograph before the destruction.
This time around I decided to mix it up a bit and replace the regular marshmallows (yawn), with Valentine’s Day themed marshmallow Peeps! Because evidently Peeps are for more than just Easter. Specifically I used the Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts and one red marshmallow heart, because I thought it would look cute. Turns out I would’ve been better off using just the vanilla crème because the red one did not puff up at the same rate, but it was still fun!
Check out all the PEEPS® Valentine’s offerings:
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Crème Flavored Chicks (3 ct)
- Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bears (6 ct)
- Cherries Drizzled and Dipped in Chocolate (3 ct)
- Marshmallow Hearts (2 and 6 ct)
- Chocolate (milk or dark) Covered Raspberry Flavored Hearts (individually wrapped)
- Strawberry Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts (9 ct)
- Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts (9 ct)
- Sugar-Free Marshmallow Hearts (3ct)
One year ago: Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Meyer Lemon Sauce
Two years ago: Lighter Pizza Dip
PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIE PEEPS S’MORES PIE
1/5 cups graham crackers (12 full-sheet graham crackers, crushed)
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
14 miniature Reese’s cups, unwrapped
1 box of your favorite 8×8 sized brownie mix, plus indicated ingredients *
* Can also use a homemade recipe. I used More Fudge Less Pudge Brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch pie dish.
- Evenly distribute the unwrapped peanut butter cups in the bottom of the crust. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie according to package directions, and pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallows. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 3 minutes to melt the marshmallows. If the marshmallows aren’t toasted, turn on the broiler for 1 minute and watch carefully.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before slicing.
Source: Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Disclosure: I was provided with complimentary PEEPS® products. I was not compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.