If you recall, last week I posted a savory recipe for a Chicken & Sweet Potato Potpie using the Baker’s Secret 9-inch pie pan. Today I am sharing a sweet recipe using their muffin/cupcake pans because who doesn’t enjoy a good festive cupcake?
The combination of pumpkin and chocolate is not visited enough, in my opinion. I discovered the joy of those two flavors mixed together when I made the Pumpkin Kissed Gingerbread Brownies. This time they come together in the form of a cupcake, with a cinnamon buttercream. Complete with fall leaves sprinkles.
Don’t forget to enter to win your own Baker’s secret pie pan and muffin pan by clicking HERE and using the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of the post. Giveaway ends tonight!
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM
Makes approximately 18 cupcakes
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
4 oz. dark chocolate chips, melted
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp heavy cream (or milk)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in cupcake pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Mix in the oil, milk, and melted chocolate. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, cream and cinnamon until distributed. Add more powdered sugar or cream to reach desired consistency.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, frost and decorate as desired.
Source: Adapted slightly from Cupcake Project.
Disclosure: I was provided with complimentary products from Baker’s Secret and was provided a $25 gift card to purchase the ingredients to create this recipe. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.