Did you really think I was going to forget to post on Single Serving Sunday? Actually, I am quite surprised I managed to pull together a recipe to post today. My time management skills must be ridiculously awesome this week despite the mayhem. So today while I am off enjoying Shiva’s post-wedding brunch, followed by a long haul back to Memphis, enjoy this taco stack!
One year ago: Buckeye “Cheese Ball”
Two years ago: Fluffernutter Blondies
CHICKEN TACO STACK
4 corn tortillas
1/2 a (14.5 oz) can refried beans
1-1/2 Tbsp lime juice, plus more for garnish
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed for less heat)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 roasted red bell pepper, diced
3/4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
1 scallion, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a small baking pan with nonstick spray. Arrange the tortillas on the sheet and lightly coat with more nonstick spray. Place in the oven and bake for 3 minutes. Flip and bake 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the beans, lime juice, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
- Evenly spread the bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with chopped chicken, diced pepper, cheese and scallions. Carefully stack the tortillas on top of one another.
- Place back into the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the tortilla edges are golden and crispy.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, cilantro leaves and fresh lime juice.
Source: Adapted slightly from Bev Cooks.