After the Secret Recipe Club took a break in December I was excited to get back into it this month! To start out the new year, I was assigned to Life on Food and I really wanted to make the Garlic Lover’s Pizza, but since it was made from another SRC member I decided to pick something that hasn’t been featured on a SRC reveal day yet.
Brussels are in season so I knew I had to make this recipe once I saw it. Side dishes are not things I regularly think about past heating up some frozen vegetables, so it was quite a treat to have these instead. I could have eaten an entire plate of these Brussels as the main course.
In case you were wondering about that chicken in the background, it’s Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken made with Meyer lemons.
Two years ago: Almond Crusted Chicken with Scallion Beurre Blanc
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE
16 oz. Brussels sprouts, bottoms cut off and halved
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put Brussels into a bowl and toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on cookie sheet.
- Roast for about 35 minutes. They should begin to turn brown.
- While cooking put ingredients for vinaigrette into a small bowl and whisk together until well combined. Set aside until Brussels sprouts are done roasting.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Source: Life on Food