Wanna hear something mind blowing? Today marks two years of The Spiffy Cookie! Two full years of rambling on and on about peanut butter, Ohio State football, funfetti, grad school, and cream cheese. And I am honored that you stuck around, devoting even a second of your time to look at my blog. It makes me feel like I am doing something right in my little spastic world. And since you seem to enjoy what I have to offer, I figured I would once again combine a few of my favorite things into a delicious treat for you in celebration! I made white chocolate brownies with some funfetti cheesecake flair!
But wait, that doesn’t look like brownies at all… Oh yea I almost forgot, I’m also giving away a box full of some of my favorite things!
- Reese’s peanut butter cups – should be a staple in every baking kitchen
- Birthday Cake Golden Oreo Fudge Cremes – celebrate!
- Baker’s Field Guide cookbooks – baking is cool
- Funfetti cake mix – <3
- No Pudge fudge brownies – absolute favorite boxed nonfat brownie mix
- Almond Nut Thins – snack time is tasty
- Spongebob shaped mac & cheese – because I am a kid at heart
- Dancing Pigs BBQ sauce – from on of my favorite BBQ restaurants here in Memphis
- Speculoos Cookie Butter – hello pureed cookies
- Speculoos Cookie Butter candy bar – Speculoos is stuffed into chocolate. Need I say more?
- Homemade hot cocoa mix – for those cozy on the couch by the fireplace nights
- Magnetic cupcake note pad – shopping lists just got cuter
- Pretty measuring spoons – don’t let these fall into the garbage disposal
- Coupon for a free pint of Ben & Jerry’s – since ice cream would melt in the mail
- Star shaped sprinkles – SPRINKLES! (not pictured because I failed to include them)
Now that is a box full of love if I’ve ever seen one. I wish I could provide one for every single one of my readers, but being a graduate student I unfortunately only have the one to giveaway. Do you think you have what it takes to win? Read on about the delicious brownies I made for you, and at the bottom of the post you will find a Rafflecopter widget to enter the giveaway!
One year ago: Funfetti Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Makes 20 bars
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup white or yellow cake mix
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk, optional
2 Tbsp sprinkles
2-4 oz. (8 oz. total) Ghirardelli white chocolate bars
5 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar, and cake mix until smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until incorporated, adding 1 tablespoon of milk if desired. Fold in the sprinkles and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter and white chocolate. Melt then together over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent from burning. When white chocolate is just melted, remove from heat and stir together with a fork or whisk, getting them incorporated as much as possible. The butter will separate from the white chocolate, so just do your best.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Pour in the white chocolate mixture and continue beating until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just incorporated.
- Spread batter in prepared pan, top with dots of cream cheese mixture and swirl with a knife. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Source: Adapted from Cookies and Cups.