If you thought the s’mores lava cakes I made earlier this year were something to drool over, wait until you see these – peanut butter stuffed!
These lava cakes have been a staple sinful dessert in my life for several years now, and I have yet to not eat the entire cake by myself. Hence why I state that this dessert could serve 8 people if they are able to resist the glory of what sits on a plate in front of them. But to me, placing two spoons by one of these cakes just means I have a spoon for each hand.
They look so innocent at first. Until you cut into one and it’s true self is revealed. Hello lover!
Oh and of course… GO BUCKS!!! Even though we cannot be BCS ranked this year it doesn’t mean we cannot keep trucking along with a great season – today’s battle is against Purdue, which is my dad’s alma mater. Family feud anyone?
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
Serves 8 people with self-control, or 4 fat kids
4 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used Laughing Cow’s cream cheese spread)
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 4 ramekins and place on cookie set; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in powdered sugar. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour half the chocolate batter into prepared dishes; cover with layers of cream cheese mixture and remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edge is set but center is still slightly soft. Cool slightly. Gently run a knife around the edges and invert onto a plate. Serve topped with whipped topping.