It should come as no surprise that cream cheese is one of my favorite ingredients to add to food (other than peanut butter or cake batter of course). Whenever I see a recipe that has it in it’s ingredient list I become that much more interested. It’s such a creamy versatile item, gracing both the world of desserts and savory main dishes. With this in mind, can you guess what I said when Brittney from The Laughing Cow asked if I would like to review their Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread? It’s about time someone asked me to play with cream cheese! But I’m still waiting on a peanut butter request… (hint hint Peanut Butter & Co.)
In addition to 5 kinds of their Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread, I received mini bagels, a list of 10 ways to brighten my morning and a surprise as well. The surprise element of the package was based on inspiration they found on my Pinterest boards. Check it out!
How incredibly thoughtful is that? I was so surprised and excited to see that in addition to all the cream cheese goodness. It is already hanging up in my kitchen and it makes me smile all the time. Even Brady got something out of this fun package – the box itself! He refuses to allow me to throw it away.
In addition to promoting laughter first thing in the morning with their cream cheese spread. The lovely people over at The Laughing Cow have come up with 10 simple ways to make mornings brighter:
- Stretch all of your limbs for 15 seconds right when you get out of bed!
- Carve out a few minutes in the morning just for you. Try taking up 10 minutes early to watch your favorite morning news show with a cup of coffee.
- Morning workouts aren’t just good for boosting your metabolism; they can also boost your mood. Start your morning with a short walk of jog outside.
- Bring Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread and bagels to work so you can enjoy it with friends. It will brighten their mornings, too!
- Conversation is the perfect accompaniment for coffee. Before grabbing a cup, ask a friend to join you.
- Get inspired! Read a motivational quote every morning before you start your day. Consider using a dry erase marker to write the quote on your bathroom mirror so you’ll see it while getting ready for the day.
- Create a morning playlist to listen to as you get ready or for your commute to work.
- Have a glass of water before you leave for the day. Not only will it help you wake up, but hydration is one of the top tips for weight management!
- Pick out your outfit the night before. It will be one less thing to worry about the next morning!
- Cuddle in bed with your kids, puppy or significant other for a few minutes before you start your day.
I decided to try #1, 4, 8, 9, and 10.I don’t drink coffee and I don’t have cable or internet at home so all of those involving taking time in the morning to do those things don’t really work haha. Also, I would actually prefer to work out in the morning, but the classes I participate in at my gym are in the evenings.
#1 felt really good because I work out at night and my muscles get a little stiff while I sleep even though I stretch before and after my workouts too. It only takes a few seconds so it doesn’t add much time to my already early wake up!
For #4 I brought the bagels provided to me in this package into work one day along with all the cream cheese spreads. If there’s something my co-workers love it’s free food! It was helpful to those you had skipped breakfast that morning as well. You have to eat breakfast to get your metabolism going. I particularly loved the cinnamon.
#8 is a really good idea, especially with the summer heat. It allowed me to get a jump start on making sure I am hydrated throughout the day.
#9 makes sense, but for some reason I changed my mind with what to wear half the time by morning. Depends on my morning mood I suppose.
I wish #10 would work, but once my alarm goes off my cat starts getting feisty and wants me to get out of bed to feed him. He’s super cuddly if I am awake before my alarm goes off though.
A few of those that I tried will stick on a regular basis. I plan on keeping up with the hydration and stretching in the mornings. Maybe I can break Brady of his habit and convince him to cuddle more post-alarm.
In addition to using the cream cheese spread on bagels, I also created waffles using the garden vegetable cream cheese spread. The waffles were also packed with Whole wheat flour, corn, bacon, onions and chives. Now that’s a breakfast I could get used to. I’ll be sharing this recipe with you in a few days, so stay tuned!
But of course I couldn’t resist mixing these cream cheese along with peanut butter into a peanut butter cream cheese spread. Hello heaven on a bagel! This beats spreading regular peanut butter on a toasted whole wheat English muffin any day. All I did was mix together equal parts of 1/3 less fat cream cheese spread and creamy peanut butter. Instant magic.
Thanks so much The Laughing Cow for brightening my mornings!
Disclosure: The Laughing Cow® provided me with product for this review. I was not compensated for this post. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
One year ago: Peanut Butter French Toast with Chocolate Syrup