Seems like I post an awful lot of peanut butter recipes. But after consulting my blog tags, this will only be #38 including peanut butter out of 405 published posts. Here I was thinking I should cut back, when in fact I need to shower you with a lot more! Doubt there would be many complaints.
Yes this granola is peanut buttery. It even has some peanuts and dark chocolate chips to go along with your dose of peanut butter. Because any excuse to have peanut butter with chocolate for breakfast, or a snack, is the way I live my life. You could even whip this up quick for your favorite mom in your life! Ya know, just in case you almost forgot that Mother’s Day is this Sunday…
I won’t be seeing the mothers in my life this weekend, but next weekend I get to see three in Boston! (To answer your confused faces: my sister-in-law Kate who is obviously the newest mother in my life albeit not my mother, my step-mother who will be driving up as well with my dad, and my mom herself who is also driving up with my step-dad. “When Mothers Attack”?) And I will be cooking for all of them to make up for the week delay of love-showering.
One year ago: Raspberry Mango Margarita Pie
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA
Makes approximately 5 cups
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, lightly chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, lightly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and flaxseed. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until melted. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the granola is golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original