I interrupt this post for an announcement…
MY NEPHEW WAS BORN THIS MORNING!! My brother and sister-in-law whisked away to the hospital last night. The little one must’ve known there were fun things waiting for him, because my care package arrived just the day before. They even brought the homemade granola bars with them to the hospital. Perfect timing Aunt Erin. He was born at 7:19 am coming in at 7 lbs and 1 oz, and 19 inches long.
Welcome to the world, Luke. I cannot wait to meet you!
Okay. You may now return to your regularly scheduled read….
The Secret Recipe Club is a great way to check out new food blogs and try some different recipes. I especially enjoy finding things I have never seen elsewhere such as this pizza, which is a combination of jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken all in one! This pizza creation comes from the kitchen of Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama.
Instead of a traditional pizza sauce, you smear a mixture of cream cheese (<3!) and jalapenos onto the crust. I added a bit of milk since cream cheese is a bit tough to spread over fresh dough. And then you throw on both Mozzarella and blue cheese, followed by chicken which has been tossed in hot sauce. And of course it’s topped of by none other than bacon! This would be an excellent pizza to serve while watching your favorite sports team.
Check out some of Carrie’s other great recipes including apple rice pudding brulee and chicken pot pie with roasted garlic crusts, for two. Also don’t forget to see what all the other SRC members made, shown at the bottom of this post.
JALAPENO POPPER BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA
1 recipe whole wheat pizza dough
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
3 jalapenos seeded and diced
1 Tbsp milk (optional)
1-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
2 Tbsp Buffalo wing hot sauce
4 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees with pizza stone on middle rack; allow to preheat in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and transfer to a pizza peel generously sprinkled with cornmeal.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and jalapenos together. Add milk to create are more spreadable consistency. Spread onto pizza dough and top with cheeses.
- In another small bowl toss chicken with 1 tablespoon of hot sauce. With your other tablespoon of hot sauce drizzle over cheese. Top with chicken mixture and bacon crumbles.
- Transfer to the pizza stone without removing from the oven (it’ll take a couple light shakes). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is cooked and golden.
Source: Adapted slightly from Bakeaholic Mama.