When it comes to baked goods, my taste test begins before it ever makes it into the oven. Sometimes, I’m lucky if any of it actually makes it into the oven to be baked! These bars fall under that category. I would’ve been more than happy to sit on my couch catching up on my DVRed shows with a bowl full of this batter and a large spoon. Alas, I fear I would end up with a very upset stomach if I ever did that. But thankfully these babies retain their wonderfulness after being subjected to the oven.
I managed to only eat one piece after it was cooked. But I am sure that will change as my willpower to resist breaks down.
6 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8×8 pan, set aside.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in bananas, peanut butter, and hazelnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Melt the Nutella briefly in the microwave (10-15 seconds). Drop by spoonfuls over the batter, and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.