I woke up all excited this morning – Brent comes home tonight! But then I sat down in front of my computer and saw a message from him after I went to bed saying that the transportation services down there are going to cut it close for catching his flight. Yesterday he told me he’d have 2 hours to spare! Ahhh…!! I don’t know what changed but he better make it back. Two weeks is just too long. Has me wondering, how am I gonna survive when he gets deployed by the National Guard?
Sigh… hopefully last night was my last meal I cooked just for myself for at least a little while. I have a backup of recipes I’ve been wanting to make since he’s been gone because it would leave far too much leftover with just myself eating. In the meantime, I have been on an avocado kick and last night’s dinner was no exception. It’s a good thing my grocery store stocks ready-to-eat avocados. I don’t plan meals far enough in advance to wait.
The original recipe was posted just for the chicken, but I was eyeing the wrap in which the chicken was featured and decided to create that. Sooo glad I did, it was great! The flavors of the sauce were absolutely satisfying. I bet it would be a wonderful sauce in other preparations. Maybe even as a dressing if you added some olive oil to it?
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbsp spicy mustard
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 avocado, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 handfuls lettuce
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel so it is very, very dry. Season with salt and pepper generously.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes each, depending on the thickness.
- In a bowl, combine honey and both mustards. Whisk well.
- Remove chicken and while it is still hot, brush on mustard and slice.
- Assemble wrap with chicken and toppings. Serve!
Source: How Sweet It Is