I’ll eat anything a la mode. Especially when it looks like this…
I took a cookie-bar dessert recipe and turned it into a pie, and the end result made my belly very happy. I’m not really sure I have much more to say about it than that, I just want another slice!
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 recipe pie crust, or 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350° with racks placed on the bottom and middle.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crust and fit into a ungreased 9″ pie pan. Spoon in the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly (should fill the pie about halfway).
- Roll out the cookie dough to 9 inches, to just fit within the edges of the pie crust. Carefully lift rolled-out dough and place into the pie (pie should now be filled to the top edge of the crust). Seal by gently pressing the edges of cookie dough and crust together.
- Bake 15 minutes on bottom rack, then move to the middle for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool, drizzle melted chocolate over the top, and then refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Source: Adapted from Pillsbury